We had some very rainy weather for Easter, but the day was no less beautiful. We woke up early, a little groggy since mommy stayed up till 2 boiling eggs and potatoes and making strawberry pie. I guess, you play, you pay. Since we made our long road trip and didn't get in until VERY late, I had no choice but to stay up and get things ready for the next day. Sunday morning we all looked our best for worship and Sunday school. I had big plans for us to all wear pink and green this year. It didn't quite work out the way I had planned, and I ended up wearing navy, Daddy wore a pink shirt after much convincing, Will was a doll in khakis, pink dress shirt, navy argyle sweater with pink and green diamons, and navy and white saddle oxfords--gotta love some saddle oxfords on little boys. Charlie was so sweet in his bright kelly green with a My First Easter bib and Caroline looked very grown up in a long pink dress with real pantyhose. Caroline and Will got to sing in "big church" with thier Sunday school class, led by our precious teacher, Ms. Charlotte. Then, off to children's church, and mama and daddy both got to hear a whole sermon. After church, we skipped potluch to go to Mamaw's to eat lunch and hunt eggs. Lunch was great, especially Granny's orange slice cake, and then we finally had time to dye eggs. Will chose to be in charge of the blue dye, and Caroline, of course, the pink. We hunted eggs in the house with Katelynn and Michelle. Will loaded up with prize eggs and ended up with $2!! I'm sure it will all be spent on gum, his newest favorite thing. It was good to see Uncle Jacob--he actually had a day off work!
Tuesday, April 14, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
I am so glad I ran across your blog! Your kids are beautiful and they are getting so big! I can't believe how big Charlie is...it seems like yesterday that I saw him at Charlotte's when he was a tiny newborn!
So good to "catch up" with you and Josh! =) You are much better at keeping your blog updated than I am on mine! lol
Morgan
Post a Comment